The focus of this September 2013 workshop was how to format multiple choice questions to import into myMitty quizzes. For a basic introduction to myMitty quizzes, see this Knowledge Base post.
Here’s how to format an existing multiple choice quiz so it's ready for import into myMitty:
- Open the quiz on your computer.
- Copy and paste the text into a new file in TextEdit.
- Select all the text, select “Format” -- “Make Plain Text”
- Format the quiz as follows:
What is 2 + 2?
D. None of these
Who is the President of the US?
Which is the best Catholic school in San Jose?
C. Sacred Heart Prep
BE SURE TO NOTE:
- The blank spaces in the sample above really do make a difference.
- Auto-numbering (lettering) OFF.
- ANSWER (and the letter answers) must be capitalized.
- Unusual characters, including curved apostrophe and quotations (straight marks are OK, the curved ones are not), and material from equation editor will fail.
Next, it's time to input this document into myMitty:
- Login to myMitty
- Go to Questions in the Administration block.
- As needed, select the Category tab and create a category for this quiz
- Click the Import tab
- Aiken Format
- Uncheck get category from file
- Upload your .txt file
- Click OK: Mac OS (default) is fine
- Click “upload this file”, Click Continue
Congrats! You’re now able to use those questions in your quizzes.
If you have any questions about this process, please don't hesitate to ask Graham or any other member of Spectrum!