Here are the steps to record your computer screen and audio during class:
- Open Doceri on your computer.
- Open Doceri on your iPad and sync it with your computer.
- Hit Start Recording in the top left to begin. This will record a live image of what's on your computer screen, any annotations you make with the Doceri pen tool, and audio from your internal iPad microphone. In my example below, I showed a PowerPoint, annotated it with the Doceri pen tool, and showed a YouTube video in Safari.
- Hit Stop Recording and drag the file to the YouTube icon to upload the video.
- Copy and paste the YouTube link to myMitty and it's ready for your students to watch.
On Wednesday, I emailed my Period 3B students and instructed them to bring headphones to class on Thursday. On Thursday morning, I recorded the fifteen minute lecture portion of Period 1 using the method above. I posted the link during lunch and left campus for my meet. During Period 3B, the students watched the video on their iPads and answered questions in myMitty.
Here's the recording:
If you would like to learn more about this or practice with me in the Parker Hall library, ask anytime!